Hyderabad

Hyderabad

Thursday 1 March 2012

12 Real Long Days to go...

The results are in and I am happy to say we have 19 happy eggs! From there we got  14 embryos which is fantastic and amazing! Anjani gave us the low down in regards to the quality of the embryos.

We got six grade A's, four B's, three C's and a D. It reads like a report card. Not my report card however, I was more a C+- B student with the occasional A. However I think really good. William and I are both pleased and got really excited all over again.

I can't believe we are at the first hurdle, it has made my mind freeze and race all at once! All I can think is wow and here we go! knowing I will probably have the longest 12 days in history to wait to see if the embryos stuck!

I remember when William and I waited during that time when we did IVF, the wait after implantation drove us mad. In fact we use to cheat and buy "clear blue easy" sticks to see if we could beat nature and find something out sooner. We bought those pregnancy sticks in bulk and used them twice a day until we finally had to go to the clinic to find out for sure.

...Of course it all ended up as BFN's (that's Big Fat No in IVF speak)

So hear I am today waiting and hoping for the best for our surrogate and our little embryos. It feels strange being so far away and knowing this is happening. However for me, I think it's a good thing I am far away, due to I would probably just stare at my surrogate all day long if I could. I would also probably try to make her pee on a stick. It's take control freak in me, raising its crazy head.

I know I am in good hands and I just need to wait the next 12 days.  I think I am going to try and refocus and re-energize and I don't know clean out my basement for the next 12 days. Just to keep my mind on anything but the calender!

4 comments:

  1. Wow... that's good news. I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have my toes crossed as well, thanks for commenting on my blog!

      Delete
  2. Good Luck Lea! I too am a control and I also mentioned to my husband that I wish I was with our surrogate so that I can ask her to pee on a stick! He was not surprised knowing often I would pee on a stick during our IVF's. Hopefully this blog will help you pass the time! I know it helps me reading it! Again GOOD LUCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that I was not the only one doing it!

    ReplyDelete