Hyderabad

Hyderabad

Wednesday 25 January 2012

December 29...Third Day


Back to the clinic today...
 William had to leave a "little of himself" for the lab and we are going to meet Dr. Samit Sekhar.
William and I were really looking forward to meeting him; we had a few questions that we wanted to ask in regards to the surrogacy program.

Dr Samit Sekhar was more than helpful. He explained the entire process.

·         Our first question was how do you select the Surrogate?

We really happy to find out that they worked with an NGO (a non-governmental organisation) He explained how the organisation helps women who are interested in being surrogate. It was important to us to know that the surrogates were taken care of before, during and after.

·         How does the clinic make sure that our surrogate would be healthy?

We knew that that our surrogate would undergo medical checks by the clinic. However we were pleased that they would go under psychological evaluations. I think it’s important. When I was going through IVF and donor eggs, William and I had to go through psychological meetings with our clinic’s psychologist. I found it very helpful to express my feeling at the time and to find out if this was really what I wanted.  It really helped confirm what I wanted and how I felt.

·         One surrogate or two?

This was a tricky question for us. The really “big question” for us. We really wanted the best outcome and chance, however I was not sure about having one or two surrogates. 
 I read a number of blogs with potential parents that have cycled with two surrogates at the same time to maximise their success. All seemed really happy with their choice and results. However, I needed to know if it was best for us. Could we handle having multiple births? William and I decided that even though we wanted the best chance possible, we felt we would not be able to handle having two surrogates pregnant at the same time!  We felt comfortable that we would have a great chance with one surrogate for our situation.

Dr. Samit was wonderful helping us through this decision. He explained every possible outcome and our choices. So this time around we are going with one wonderful surrogate.

 If you and your partner can "handle", in every way, taking care of at least quads at the same time... then I think ,  go for it!!! I would love to hear your thoughts on one or two surrogates and your reason why.

We both came away feeling real good about our choice and felt that we were in real good hands at the clinic.

So we decided to celebrate with an excellent India dinner at the Taj Krishna, dining at Firdaus

Which has excellent Indian food, and the menu focuses on traditional Hyderabad dishes. Our waiter was very knowledgeable. This is very useful because the menu is large. Our waiter suggested the biryani, which was excellent!  The wine list is also massive and a bit on the expensive side!

The  surroundings were really comfortable and we totally enjoyed the  live Indian music.
I guess your figuring out that William and I are a couple of foodies! Living in Switzerland, dining out is massively expensive and can be somewhat tasteless. So when ever we travel we like to to take advantage of what a big city has to offer!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just saw your blog posted on the Kiran website. My husband and I are with Kiran too. We are hoping to get some good news from them next week ;)


    Good luck to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JVC,
    Thank you for reading my blog. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get excellent news!
    Good luck to all!!!!

    ReplyDelete