Hyderabad

Hyderabad

Friday 20 January 2012

December 27...part 2


We arrived at the Clinic just after 11 am, feeling a bit jet legged but excited and nervous at the same time. I knew I had a lot of questions; however I could not remember any of them. (Mental note; write them down before you come to Hyderabad.)  However Anjani was great and started right away explaining the procedure, having us filling in our paper work on our medical information and chatting about the city. We were really surprised when he said that he would have a driver come pick us up the next day to tour the city. We really felt welcomed and taken care of, and it was only our first day. I thought to myself,” wow we actually have plans.”

I think this is really important when you come to a new city. Especially if you are coming to a new city and country to do something medical. Especially when that medical procedure involves the prospect of starting a family!

 It’s hard enough starting a family or undergo procedures that will aide you in having a family in your own City. At least at home you’re familiar with the streets, language, and culture; you also have family and friends around to support you. Going to the other side of the world where everything is new, you really need the support from a clinic. That’s my opinion anyways.

Meanwhile, back at the clinic, Anjani got William all set up with blood work, etc. then we were whisked back to the hotel to rest up and enjoy the rest of the day.

Our second highlight of the day was dinner at the hotel. We ate outside at the restaurant Kebab EBahar. The waiter was amazing at helping us navigate the menu. We love India food; however our knowledge is a bit limited. I think this is a great place to experience local cuisine.  My favorite dish was Dhal Makani. Which are black lentils cooked in spices for 24 hours in a coal pot. Fantastic!

Here is a great website that describes the dish: Jintanmanis

I am going to try the recipe this weekend. I will let you know how it went in a later blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment